Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Getting started 1: how to proceed

As I have some 20 hours to do the initial implementation, I have to be really effective with my time. Additionally, I need to make sure I have something to present next week. To achieve these, I'll break out the standard tools for getting stuff done:
  • small iterations
  • (mostly) familiar tools
In this case the familiar tool is Java, though it might mean I lose some "coolness" points for not using functional languages :) I'll try to recover some of the lost coolness by doing an Android app. Or is it also uncool already? I'm getting so old so quickly...

Anyway, to show I'm a real software professional I'll also make an effort to cover the code with unit tests. This is slightly risky, as unit testing Android apps is sometimes a bit cumbersome. I don't have time for much roadblocks in my 20 hour scheduler.

Next on list: requirement analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment