Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How (not) to get the Android SDK installed

Trying to install the Android SDK on my home machine failed right at the beginning with this error:


But I have the JDK installed! How can this be?

Back in the days before google and stackoverflow this could have blocked me for some time. But nowadays the solution is always just one search away:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7050359/cant-install-android-development-toolkit-says-missing-jdk:

"Just in the ADT installer , press back when the installer promite for No JDK Found then press next, the installer will find the JDK"

...and sure enough, pressing back and next gets me this:


Don't know whether I should be more amazed at the technological progress that brings so much information to our fingertips, or the fact that Google has released software with such an embarassing defect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment