Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Starting a project

As a part of a job interview, I was asked to present some code samples. As I lack any recent "hobby" projects and using code from work is not ideal, I took this as a sign I finally have to implement at least one of my project ideas.

The first and simplest that came to mind was the "taglist". This is really nothing more than a glorified shopping/todo list. The idea is to enable keeping a list, each list item annotated with a set of tags. The application should enable you to add items with any set of tags. You should also be able to filter the items by tags. For example, you might want to check the list of items with tags "todo" and "work". Or just with tag "buy" when you're about to go shopping.

I see this could be a nice, simple and flexible tool for managing my life. Besides, who doesn't like making lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment